Monday, April 18, 2016

JK - 4/18/16

Sometimes I feel really selfish.  Just now, for example, I opened my computer to do some writing which I haven't had time for in a few days.  As I do so, someone walks in and wants to talk to me and tell me about themselves and what is going on for them.  A feeling similar to that of being robbed or tied up comes through my stomach in a wave.  I instantly navigate the frustrated self in silence, listening politely but all the while only waiting for them to leave.  And really, I don't want them to JUST leave...I want them to know it's not a good time and kindly leave me in peace.

I'm learning what a challenge it is for people to be sensitive.  How this thing I have been my whole life and could never turn OFF, others are practically unable to turn ON.  It's not that they don't care and it's certainly not that they are aiming to limit or restrict me or you in any way.  That's just a story brought up by my own feelings.  The truth is, people are trying so hard.  But I always use the analogy of lifting weights when I explain to people the dangers of trying too hard:

Let's say you have a goal to get in shape.  You begin going to the gym a few hours a day.  You use free weights, you use machines, you take classes, etc.  While the goal is good and the system you have in place for achieving the goal is sound, if you don't know how to properly lift weights, you may be working very hard just to get injured!  Or, time will go by and instead of getting injured you simply don't see any results because you know nothing about how to work muscle groups and how the system of more reps-less weight/less reps-more weight works over time.

Of course, it's totally possible to figure all this out intuitively but that's part of my point here too.  Many people think they are being sensitive but they aren't.  Many people think they "intuitively" understand how people and things work, but they don't.  They only know their story.

Without the technique of understanding, accepting and THEN separating from your personal story, you'll never be able to truly hear and feel what another person needs.  Why isn't that the topic of presidential debate?  Why isn't that on the front page of every newspaper?  Probably because they all rely on the story to hook your attention.  They know how much you love the story, the excitement and the drama, but don't be fooled by their techniques.  You must develop your own mind techniques to shelter your consciousness from all the crap people spray it with.

Meditation studies help with this, and I can also recommend the book "Mind Programming" by Eldon Taylor, to help you get more familiar with the recent history of symbols and subliminal messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment